GDMA - Fat Leonard
GDMA or should I say, Fat Leonard
Over the last several years I have consulted with, represented, or am representing various officers in the grades from O-5 to O-9, about their alleged involvement with Fat Leonard and GDMA. The level of alleged involvement runs the gamut from a lavish dinner, to prositutes; and collateral consequences such as retirement or a security clearance.
For privacy reasons, I’m not discussing the specifics of the individual cases. The point here is to alert you that I have experience and understanding of the GDMA cases. Some of the areas of concern for those not being prosecuted by DoJ include:
- Gifts, especially ones coming across the quarterdeck before the brow is raised for an underway.
- Prostitutes (and they appear to include "hostesses").
- BZ's upon departing the port visit. This is an odd one because it's not uncommon for the CO/Flag to give some BZ's to husbanding agents or local officials for helping to make a safe, pleasant, and productive port visit.
You can get a general overview by reading articles from Craig Whitlock of the Washington Post.
The man who seduced the 7th fleet: Sting reveals trail of corruption
Should you wish to discuss your case, please be sure to let me know the following:
- Rank at the time of the allegations.
- Unit assigned to.
- Position within that unit.
- Dates assigned to that unit.
I use this information to make sure I don’t have a conflict with a past or current client.